10/27/11

Super Dupont

Another stunning day on the midi, this time we tried the route Super Dupont on the south face. Due to evil clouds in the distance we decided to only try the upper half of the route. I was mainly interested in the 7b crux pitch so it didn’t matter that much anyway.
Mike started up the first pitch which had a quite stiff 6a+ roof section in it. After that I tried the crux pitch which was a cool and pumpy undercling into a weird finger crack, I struggled my way up it and really wanted another go but the ever present clouds and the fact that it had snowed on us just a few minutes earlier made me give up that thought and we continued up the last two pitches to the top.
I knew my time in Chamonix was coming to an end and I wouldn’t have time to go back and try it again this year.
I guess it’s good to have some stuff to come back to as well :)



No comments: