8/12/11

Legendary climb on a legendary stone!

Jimmy Halvardsson called me one day and asked if I wanted to come and try a traverse on the boulder at Pierre d’Orthaz outside Le Praz. Since boulder traverses always has been of lesser interest to me, I wasn’t very psyched. In fact I have always been looking at traverses the way the old alpinists probably looked at bouldering back in the days; something very contrived and pretty pointless except for the single reason of good training, which I might as well get in the gym anyway so why bother?
However, I must say I really enjoyed working on this traverse, the moves on it are so cool and it really has a little bit of everything. Slab moves, crimpers, jugs, slopers, toe hooks, heel hooks, big-, technical- and sensitive moves.

A very nice and warmly recommended traverse located in a very classic area, walking distance from Chamonix.

Don’t forget to grab a coffe at the nice little hotel restaurant next to the parking lot :)


Mike

Mike

Mike
Carl

Carl

Carl

No comments: