6/11/11

FAs In Argentiere!?


Me and my girlfriend Michelle went out for a strole a few days ago in the forests outside our place in Argentiere. After a little while of random walking we bumped in to a few boulder blocks that to me looked very climbable and seemed to house high quality boulder problems. Excited about what we’ve found I went home to see if I could find them in the guide book, surprisingly I didn’t. A few hours later I was back and brushed up some of the lines and did them with a smile on my face realising that those problems were even better than I thought.
The day after I went out with my friends Bjarne, Heather and Jonny to show what I had found and we managed to (establish) another few really nice boulders between 5+ and 7a-ish!

Something tells me that those boulders must have been climbed before. But the fact that I couldn’t find anything in the guide and that they didn’t hold any signs of climbing activity such as chalk or tick marks and that obvious holds where crumbling of as we tried them got me thinking, that maybe people had just walked past them on their way to the bigger areas that lies in the close surroundings.

However if we have done some FAs I’m super stoked and if we haven’t I‘m equally stoked to have done some top class boulders :)
Bjarne crusing The Wingman

Jonny is Aiming


Optimistik with the holds



Gorgeous traverse on the back of the same block

Slapping the slopers


No comments: